Dr. Peyman Banooni, MD, Ob/Gynecology
About Dr. Peyman Banooni, MD
Dr. Peyman Banooni, M.D. practices obstetrics & gynecology in Beverly Hills, California and Los Angeles, California.
UCLA, B.S. in Biology
Summa Cum Laude
University of California, San Diego
Post Doctoral Training:
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Licensure and Board Certification
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology- Board Elligible
- Cedars Sinai Medical Center
Memberships, Offices and Committee Appointments
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- The Society of Laproendoscopic Surgeons
- Cedars Sinai Medical Center Alumni Association Board Member
- Phi Beta Kappa Honors Society
Other Professional Positions & Major Appointments
- Cedars Sinai Medical Center Resident and medical student teaching
Awards & Honors
- Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons Outstanding Laparoendoscopic Resident Surgeon
- Chief Resident, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- AMA Physician Recognition Award
- Cedars-Sinai Award of recognition
- PCX (Patient care expert) advisory committee
- Speaker at American Federation for Medical Research Annual Western Student Medical Research Forum, Minimal Access Surgery for Staging of Pancreatic Cancer, Carmel, California.
- Achievement Rewards for College Scientists (ARCS) Foundation Scholarship
- Speaker at the First Annual Conference of the Committee on Iranian Jewish Oral History, "Jews in Iran (1800 to present)," January 13-15, 1996, Simon Wiesenthal Center, Los Angeles, California
- NIH-Children's Hospital of Los Angeles/USC Summer Oncology Fellowship
- California Academy of Family Physicians Family Medicine Preceptorship Program
- Betty Ford Center at Eisenhower Institute Internship
- McGraw Hill Award for Achievement and Contribution
- 7/00 - pres - Eight year experience with management of monoamniotic twins, Dept of Ob/Gyn, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- 8/98 - 6/99 - Demographics, risk factors, prenatal diagnosis, and short and long term outcomes of fetuses diagnosed with Gatroschisis, Department of Reproductive Medicine, University of California San Diego, School of Medicine
- 6/96 - 6/99 - Minimal access surgery for staging of pancreatic cancer, Department of Surgery, University of Southern California, School of Medicine
- 9/92 - 4/95 - HIV tropism and Alternate vectors for gene therapy, Department of Microbiology and Hematology & Oncology- University of California Los Angeles, School of Medicine
- History of Jews in Iran
- Banooni P, Graupe M, Silverman N. Eight Year Experience with Management of Monoamniotic Twins. Paper in preparation.
- Banooni P, Rickman L, Ward D. Potts Puffy Tumor Related to Use of Intranasal Amphetamine. JAMA. Vol 283(10): 1293, March 8, 2000.
- Planelles V, Bachelerie F, Haislip A, Banooni P, and Chen I. Fate of Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type I Provirus in Infected Cells: a role for vpr. Journal of Virology, Sept. 1995, pp.5883-5889.
- Banooni P, Simnegar S. Terua: The History of Contemporary Iranian Jews, History of Jews in Iran (1500 to present), Chapter 2: pp. 13-43, Publishings of Center for Iranian Jewish Oral History, Los Angeles, California, October 1996.
- Banooni P, Graupe M, Silverman N. Eight Year Experience with Management of Monoamniotic Twins. Poster presentation. ACOG Annual Clinical Meeting. New Orleans. April, 2003.
- Banooni P, Visaya L, and Parek D. Minimal Access Surgery for Staging of Pancreatic Cancer. Abstract presented at American Federation for Medical Research Annual Western Student Medical Research Forum. Carmel, California. February, 1997.
- Planelles V, Bachelerie F, Haislip A, Banooni P, and Chen I. The Fate of HIV-1 Proviral DNA in Infected Cells. Abstract presented at First West Coast Retrovirus Meeting. Irvine, California. October, 1994.
- Planelles V, Bachelerie F, Haislip A, Banooni P, and Chen I. The Fate of HIV-1 Proviral DNA in Infected Cells: A Novel Role for vpr. Abstract presented at Annual UCLA AIDS Symposium. Santa Monica, California. November, 1994.
Contact InformationAddress: 150 N Robertson Blvd #200 Beverly Hills, CA, 90211
Office#: (310) 652-9347
Email: [email protected]