Dr. Gerald M Sacks, MD, Pain Management
About Dr. Gerald M Sacks, MD
Gerald M. Sacks, MD, is a Director of Pain Management at the Pain Institute of Santa Monica in Santa Monica, California.
Education & Training
Dr. Sacks received his medical degree from the University of Massachusetts Medical School in Worcester, Massachusetts, graduating in the top sixth of his class. He completed a residency in anesthesiology and critical care at the University of Chicago and was a resident in orthopedic surgery at Emory University Affiliated Hospitals in Atlanta. He completed a fellowship in pain management at Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston. His research interests include neuropathic pain, psychosocial issues as they related to pain perception, and musculoskeletal, mechanical aspects of pain perception.
Dr. Sacks has lectured nationally and internationally on pain management, and has served as an invited speaker at many CME and ground round presentations throughout the United States.
His research interests include neuropathic pain, psychosocial issues as they relate to pain perception and musculoskeletal, mechanical aspects of pain perception.
- Bruce Nicholson, Edgar Ross, Arnold Weil, John Sasaki and Gerald Sacks
- Treatment of chronic moderate-to-severe non-malignant pain with polymer-
- coated extended-release morphine sulfate capsules
- Phase IV, prospective, randomized, open-label, blinded endpoint trial
- Michael Rowbotham, Gerald Sacks and Seymour Young
- Gabapentin vs Placebo for pain associated with HIV Neuropathy
- Phase IV, prospective, double blind, randomized, placebo controlled trial
- F. Michael Ferrante, Gilbert J. Fanciullo, Katherine P. Grichnik, Julien
- Vaisman, Gerald M. Sacks, and Mercedes A. Concepcion
- Regression of Sensory Anesthesia During Continuous Epidural Infusions of
- Bupivacaine and Opioid for Total Knee Replacement
Contact InformationAddress: 2021 Santa Monica Blvd #300E Santa Monica, CA, 90404
Office#: (310) 264-7314
Email: [email protected]